Users should carefully read the following Terms and Conditions. Your use of the Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation’s Web site (“Site”) implies that you have read and accepted these Terms and Conditions.
MODIFICATIONS TO THIS AGREEMENT
You understand that all postings, messages, text, files, images, photos, video, sounds, or other materials ("Content") posted on, transmitted through, or linked from the Site, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated. More specifically, you are entirely responsible for each individual item ("Item") of Content that you post, email or otherwise make available on the Site. Your linking to any other Web sites is at your own risk. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, that you may not rely on said Content, and that under no circumstances will the Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation be liable in any way for any Content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed or otherwise made available via parties or individuals outside of the Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation. You acknowledge that the Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation has the right, in its sole discretion to refuse, delete or move any Content that is available on this Web site.
1. To abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate other Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation members, MyMCSF members, or all other site users;
2. To post or transmit, or cause to be posted or transmitted, any content that is infringing, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive, offensive, profane, or otherwise violates any law or right of any third party;
3. For any illegal or unauthorized purpose. If you are an international user, you agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content;
4. To post or transmit, or cause to be posted or transmitted, any communication or solicitation designed or intended to obtain password, account, or private information from any MyMCSF user;
5. To violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws);
6. With the exception of accessing RSS feeds, you will not use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access the Site for any purpose without our express written permission. Additionally, you agree that you will not: (i) take any action that imposes, or may impose in our sole discretion an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our servers; (ii) interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site or any activities conducted on the Site; or (iii) bypass any measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Site;
7. To advertise to, or solicit, any user to donate, buy or sell any products or services. It is also a violation of these rules to use any information obtained from the Site in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any user without their prior explicit consent.
THIRD PARTY CONTENT, SITES, AND SERVICES
The Site may contain features and functionalities that may link you or provide you with access to third party content or services which are completely independent of the Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation, including web sites, servers, networks, information and databases, applications, software, programs, products or services, and the Internet as a whole.
Your interactions with third party organizations, including payment and delivery of goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such organizations. You should make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any online or offline transaction with any of these third parties.
NOTIFICATION OF CLAIMS OF INFRINGEMENT
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please notify the Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation for notice of claims of copyright or other intellectual property infringement:
a. You can send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
b. You can send mail to the following postal address:
Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation
909 N. Washington St., Suite 400
Alexandria, Virginia 22314
c. You can call the following telephone number:
Toll Free 866-IWO-JIMA (866-496-5462)
PRIVACY AND INFORMATION DISCLOSURE
A copy of the latest Financial Report and Registration filed by this organization may be obtained by contacting us at:
Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation
909 N. Washington St., Suite 400
Alexandria, VA 22314
State Division of Consumer Affairs, Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
P.O. Box 1163
Richmond, VA 23218
The Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation, “Honoring Marines by Educating Their Children TM” and other Scholarship Foundation graphics, logos and designs are registered trademarks of the Scholarship Foundation in the U.S. The Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation’s trademarks may only be used with expressed permission, including as part of trademarks and/or as part of domain names, or in connection with any product or service in any manner that is likely to cause confusion.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
YOU AGREE THAT USE OF THE MARINE CORPS SCHOLARSHIP FOUNDATION SITE AND ITS SERVICES IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. THIS SITE AND ITS SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties. In such jurisdictions, some of the foregoing disclaimers may not apply to you insofar as they relate to implied warranties.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE MARINE CORPS SCHOLARSHIP FOUNDATION OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES RESULTING FROM ANY ASPECT OF YOUR USE OF THE MARINE CORPS SCHOLARSHIP FOUNDATION SITE, WHETHER THE DAMAGES ARISE FROM USE OR MISUSE OF THE SITE. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
You agree to indemnify and hold the Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation, its officers, board members, affiliates, successors, assigns, directors, agents, service providers, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorney fees and court costs, made by any third party due to or arising out of Content you submit, your breach of any of the representations and warranties herein, or your violation of any rights of another.